~Keeping in touch with family and friends. A peek into our daily lives.~



Friday, May 9, 2008

~~Doodles~~


I've been doing doodles like this since high school. I confess... I doodled during classes in high school and college...and now I doodle during meetings at work. It never fails, someone always notices them and usually comments on how did you learn to do that? It's not something I learned, it's not anything I ever did in art classes...it's just a doodle. Friends of mine have come to recognize them. Now when they see images or graphics somewhere, they will say "look, that looks like one of your doodles!"


You may believe that while doodling, I'm not listening to the speaker of a class or meeting, but I am. Doodling actually opens up my mind...it somehow calms me down, it lets me concentrate on what's being said. While my hand is drawing (er doodling!), my mind is listening. I'm not daydreaming, I'm not thinking about what else I have to do today, this week, this month...etc.

I've noticed this same habit in my two oldest kids. Both of them tend to doodle all over their school work! As long as it doesn't interfere, and it's not on work that has to be turned in...I'm ok with it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a doodle on my blog. It's not the best one I've ever done, it's just one that I happened to scan awhile ago. If you like it, let me know! And if you don't like it, well...ummm I guess you can let me know that too. : )



2 comments:

badhonestdame said...

OM!!! I totally remember that you used to do this! And after I saw you doing it, I thought it was sooo cool that I began to do it as well! Mine are not NEAR as cool as yours, though. Ever thought about selling them at the local flea market? I dare say someone would buy them for sure! I'd love to have one to frame and display.

snybchlvr said...

How funny, I didn't know you still did that. I agree you could sell them, be sure to sign & date, you never know where it might go. I'd buy one too, of course!