~Keeping in touch with family and friends. A peek into our daily lives.~



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inspired to Return! : )

I'm back! Going to give blogging another shot! I haven't blogged since Dominic got sick...and you know I'm not much of a writer. But it's kind of therapeutic, even if I'm not skilled. All of my new friends on Facebook have inspired me! My last blog was about our weekend trip to Orlando in February 2009....so it's seems logical to begin again about a weekend trip to Orlando.

We are going to walk in the "Let's Move Together" Arthritis Walk. We formed a family team, TEAM LONGO, and are trying to do our part to raise awareness about arthritis (in particular that Kids Get Arthritis Too!) and raise money to fund research that will hopefully find a cure! Dominic has been living with Systemic JRA for a year now and is very excited about getting involved and fighting to make a difference. If YOU feel like making a difference too, go to Dominic's website and make a donation.

So, I still want my blog to be about our family....just a glimpse into our daily lives. Our normal has changed quite a bit in the last year...and we're doing the best we can. I'm sure there will be alot about JRA...but really I just want to share our family's experiences. Finding Arthur Itis and the Mom Squad on Facebook has been a wonderful thing! They have welcomed Dominic and I into their family and we look forward to meeting everyone in Orlando!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey momma! We are very excited to meet you and your family on the 1st! Welcome back to the blogging world!!

badhonestdame said...

Your new blog family picture is just beautiful! I look at you all and see lots of happiness despite the past year. Thanks for sharing your journey. I look forward to your blogging again. Don't know if I will ever get back to it myself. Oh well.....
Love to you all
the Cooks :)